The Master of Science in Health Care Management (MSHM) is designed to prepare individuals to make a career change or seek promotion to a mid‐level or upper‐level management position in the private or public sector of the health care industry, including hospitals, health system management, position practices, and government and non‐government agencies. The MSHM program emphasizes strategic and analytical skills required to understand and manage in today’s health care organizations. Students will have the opportunity to understand and master the organizational, legal, financial, political and managerial aspects of health systems management.
Students will have the opportunity to:
1. Identify and analyze the organizational, economic, political and legal components of health care delivery systems in the United States;
2. Evaluate ethical issues relevant to the policies, practices, and management of health care ethics;
3. Acquire functional knowledge of current health care management policies, practices and theory and develop, and communicate design solutions that guide health care organizations to change and adapt to future challenges;
4. Conduct financial analysis, explain financial and accounting information for a health care organization;
5. Synthesize and assimilate an understanding of the environmental factors and management skills required to be innovative and successful in the health care field;
6. Apply project management and quality improvement tools to evaluate and improve health care delivery.
- Completed Admissions Application
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a: 3.0 GPA minimum for the last 60 credit hours attempted, or 3.0 GPA minimum overall (undergraduate),
or Graduate Degree completed from a regionally accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA minimum overall.
- 500-1000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences.
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/or two completed recommendation forms.
- Current resume.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (with translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States) sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office, by the Registrar of the colleges or universities attended.
Minimum Credit Requirement: 30 credits
Minimum Residency Requirement: 30 credits must be taken at Granite State College
Minimum GPA Requirement: 3.0
|Major in Health Care Management 1|
|LD 821||Ethical Decision-Making||3|
|PM 800||Introduction to Project Management||3|
|MGMT 805||Organizational Behavior||3|
|HLTC 800||Health Care Delivery and Innovations||3|
|HLTC 802||Advocacy and Health Policy||3|
|HLTC 810||Health Care Quality and Safety||3|
|HLTC 811||Health Care Technology and Informatics||3|
|HLTC 801||Health Care Financial Management||3|
|LD 810||Change Management and Communication||3|
|or LD 831||Conflict Management and Negotiation|
|HLTC 850||Health Care Management Integrative Capstone||3|
A minimum grade of C is required in all coursework.