The Master of Science in Instruction and Leadership is designed as a capstone degree for certified teachers who are interested in improving their effectiveness as a teacher and who want to become effective innovators, focused on the improved learning of their P-20 students. Graduate students in this program learn from research-based techniques to collaborate with peers to create positive change and to promote increased student success.
Students will have the opportunity to:
1. Understand how to develop and support a dynamic teaching and learning environment;
2. Promote and support a professional culture to nurture all learners;
3. Focus on leadership from a peer perspective.
- Completed Admissions Application
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a: 3.0 GPA minimum for the last 60 credit hours attempted, or 3.0 GPA minimum overall (undergraduate),
or Graduate Degree completed from a regionally accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA minimum overall.
- 500-1000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences.
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/or two completed recommendation forms.
- Current resume.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (with translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States) sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office, by the Registrar of the colleges or universities attended.
Additional requirements for Master of Science in Instruction and Leadership:
- Successful completion of a post-baccalaureate certification at Granite State College with a minimum of 24 credits earned.
Minimum Credit Requirement: 36 credits
Minimum Residency Requirement: 12 credits must be taken at Granite State College
Minimum GPA Requirement: 3.0
|Major in Instruction and Leadership 1|
|Specialization Component 2||24|
|EDU 803||Leadership Essentials: Evaluation of Teaching and Learning||3|
|EDU 804||Leadership Essentials to Develop and Support a Professional Culture||3|
|EDU 807A||Capstone Project I: Leadership Essentials to Strategically Think, Plan, Implement, and Evaluate||3|
|EDU 807B||Capstone Project II: Leadership Essentials to Strategically Think, Plan, Implement, and Evaluate||3|
A minimum grade of C is required in all Major coursework.
The Specialization Component of this program is made up of 24 graduate credits and may include a School of Education approved post baccalaureate and/or an SOE approved graduate content area. Contact your program director to determine your Specialization Component for this program.