Granite State College’s Master of Science in Leadership (MS) is designed to meet the needs of professionals in every industry who want to enhance their leadership skills while also gaining a deeper perspective of organizational management.
Students will have the opportunity to:
1. Assess and enrich their capacity to lead in today’s environment;
2. Identify the components of leadership practice and present ways to implement them;
3. Evaluate organizational relationships and their ability to contribute to organizational effectiveness;
4. Assess their ethical framework in the context of an effective leadership model;
5. Augment their ability to lead people and teams to excellence in projects and organizational settings;
6. Develop theoretically-grounded plans to manage change and actualize vision within organizations.
- Completed Admissions Application
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a: 3.0 GPA minimum for the last 60 credit hours attempted, or 3.0 GPA minimum overall (undergraduate),
or Graduate Degree completed from a regionally accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA minimum overall.
- 500-1000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences.
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/or two completed recommendation forms.
- Current resume.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (with translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States) sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office, by the Registrar of the colleges or universities attended.
Minimum Credit Requirement: 30 credits
Minimum Residency Requirement: 30 credits must be taken at Granite State College
Minimum GPA Requirement: 3.0
|Major in Leadership 1|
|LD 820||Cultivating Your Leadership Capabilities||3|
|LD 821||Ethical Decision-Making||3|
|COMM 800||Foundations of Organizational Communication||3|
|LD 822||Maximizing Your Organization's Potential||3|
|LD 823||Emergence of a Strategic Leader||3|
|LD 804||Leading Teams||3|
|LD 810||Change Management and Communication||3|
|Complete six credits from the following:||6|
|Foundations of Program Planning and Evaluation|
|Program Planning and Evaluation: Project|
|Leading and Governing Nonprofit Organizations|
|Conflict Management and Negotiation|
|Building Diverse and Inclusive Organizations|
|Financial Management for Nonprofit Organizations|
|Marketing for Nonprofits|
|Introduction to Project Management|
|Project Chartering and Planning|
|LD 850||Leadership Integrative Capstone||3|
A minimum grade of C is required in all coursework.