Granite State College’s Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) is a practice-oriented program ideal for managers who want to enhance their ability to plan and lead complex projects, motivate people, and deliver the desired business value associated with the project.
Students will have the opportunity to:
1. Effectively employ strategies for managing projects through the entire project cycle;
2. Acquire, deploy, and monitor resources to maximum benefit;
3. Determine and manage risk for strategic and ethical decision-making;
4. Manage changing project management environments including human resources, cost, timelines, and workflow;
5. Lead people and teams to excellence in projects and organizational settings;
6. Communicate effectively throughout the project management cycle;
7. Assess and evaluate project management processes to continuously improve;
8. Apply project management knowledge for quality assurance in real-world settings;
9. Attain competency in the components of project management required for certification as a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) or Project Management Professional (PMP®).
- Completed Admissions Application
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a: 3.0 GPA minimum for the last 60 credit hours attempted, or 3.0 GPA minimum overall (undergraduate),
or Graduate Degree completed from a regionally accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA minimum overall.
- 500-1000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences.
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/or two completed recommendation forms.
- Current resume.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (with translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States) sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office, by the Registrar of the colleges or universities attended.
Minimum Credit Requirement: 30 credits
Minimum Residency Requirement: 30 credits must be taken at Granite State College
Minimum GPA Requirement: 3.0
|Major in Project Management 1|
|PM 800||Introduction to Project Management||3|
|PM 811||Project Chartering and Planning||3|
|PM 813||Delivering Business Value||3|
|PM 815||Negotiation, Contracting and Procurement||3|
|PM 819||Project Quality Management||3|
|PM 817||Managing Project Portfolios Managing Project Portfolios||3|
|LD 804||Leading Teams||3|
|Select 6 credits from the following:||6|
|Introduction to Lean Practices|
|Introduction to Theory of Constraints and Critical Chain Project Management|
|Change Management and Communication|
|Building Diverse and Inclusive Organizations|
|PM 850||Project Management Capstone||3|
A minimum grade of C is required in all coursework.