Granite State College offers a Post-Baccalaureate Program for candidates interested in pursuing teacher certification. The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification program is designed for 21st Century Educators, providing an in-depth focus on the critical issues that are transforming the landscape of education - innovation, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration.
- Be reflective and knowledgeable about learners and are able to employ instructional methods, strategies and technologies to meet the needs of all students;
- Have a rich understanding of the subject/s that they teach;
- Employ best practices in the planning, delivery and assessment of instruction to improve learning achievement of Pre-K-12 students.
The application process for the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Programs is a two-part application process. Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year. There are four start dates (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer) throughout the academic year. Please see the "Academic Calendar" section.
Application for Admission
Part I is due at Admission.
Part II is required for full admission and includes the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a 3.0 GPA average for the last 60 credit hours, or a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completed application form.
- 500-1000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences.
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/or two completed recommendation forms.
- Current resume.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (with translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States) sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office, by the Registrar of the colleges or universities attended.
- Passing PRAXIS CORE Academic Skills for Educators scores or current teacher certification.
- Criminal History Records Check.
- Means for meeting minimal technical requirements:https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=3240.
Students are also required to attend a New Student Orientation.
Additional Requirements Completed in EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience/Program Requirements (1 s.h.) Include:
- Personal Plan of Study
- Identification of Field Placement and Supervising Practitioner or Mentor
Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
|Major in Digital Learning Specialist for ACT 1|
|Introductory Level Education Courses|
|EDU 700||Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements||1|
|EDU 770||Introduction to Digital Learning||3|
|EDU 771||Curricular Theory of Technological Integration||3|
|Intermediate Level Education Courses|
|EDU 772||Pedagogical Practice and Management of Technological Integration||3|
|EDU 773||Meeting the Needs of All Learners Through Technological Integration||3|
|Advanced Level Education Courses|
|EDU 774||Professionalism, Leadership, and Administrative Understandings and Practice for Technological Integr||3|
|EDU 775||Culminating Teaching Experience: Clinical Synthesis and Implementation of Technological Integration||3|
A minimum grade of C is required in all Major coursework.