Specific Learning Disabilities (Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification - For Already Certified Teachers)
Granite State College offers a Post-Baccalaureate Program for candidates interested in pursuing teacher certification. The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification program is designed for 21st Century Educators, providing an in-depth focus on the critical issues that are transforming the landscape of education - innovation, critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration.
- Be reflective and knowledgeable about learners and are able to employ instructional methods, strategies and technologies to meet the needs of all students;
- Have a rich understanding of the subject/s that they teach;
- Employ best practices in the planning, delivery and assessment of instruction to improve learning achievement of Pre-K-12 students.
The application process for the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Programs is a two-part application process. Applications for admission are accepted on a rolling basis, offering the opportunity to begin studies at Granite State College at any term during the year. There are four start dates (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer) throughout the academic year. Please see the "Academic Calendar" section.
Application for Admission
Part I is due at Admission.
Part II is required for full admission and includes the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a 3.0 GPA average for the last 60 credit hours, or a 3.0 GPA at the graduate level, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completed application form.
- 500-1000 word statement which includes professional goals and aspirations, motivation for applying for the degree, and relevant formal or informal experiences.
- Two signed letters of professional or academic reference and/or two completed recommendation forms.
- Current resume.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work (with translation and evaluation if completed outside of the United States) sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office, by the Registrar of the colleges or universities attended.
- Passing PRAXIS CORE Academic Skills for Educators scores or current teacher certification.
- Criminal History Records Check.
- Means for meeting minimal technical requirements: https://td.unh.edu/TDClient/60/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=3240.
Students are also required to attend a New Student Orientation.
Additional Requirements Completed in EDU 700 Introduction to Field Experience/Program Requirements (1 s.h.) Include:
- Personal Plan of Study
- Identification of Field Placement and Supervising Practitioner or Mentor
Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
Prerequisite: Must have a Special Education Teaching Certificate.
|Post Bac - Specific Learning Disabilities 1|
|Introductory Level Education Courses|
|EDU 700||Introduction to Field Experience and Program Requirements||1|
|Intermediate Level Education Courses|
|EDU 736||Dynamic Assessment: Complexities of Identification in LD, EBD, and IDD||6|
|EDU 737||Behavioral Supports for Complex Behaviors||4|
|EDU 738||Advanced Assistive and Educational Technology||4|
|Advanced Level Education Courses|
|EDU 739||Advanced Programming for Students with Learning Disabilities||4|
|EDU 740||Advanced Curriculum, Assessment, and Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities||4|
A minimum grade of C is required in all Major coursework.