General Studies (A.A.)
Students will have the opportunity to:
1. Organize, draft, edit, and revise writing, in order to communicate effectively.
2. Engage in verbal and/or online interactions with others and use communication skills to influence others.
3. Apply quantitative reasoning to real-world problems.
4. Think critically to analyze information and craft informed arguments.
5. Articulate the key concepts, methodologies, and applications of a concentrated area of academic and/or professional interest.
6. Use key elements of career exploration to develop an integrated career and academic plan.
7. Practice ways of thinking in and across areas of knowledge.
Minimum Credit Requirement: 60 credits
Minimum Residency Requirement: 16 credits must be taken at Granite State College
A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required.
|Requirements General Education Requirements||Credit Hours 32|
|Requirements Major Requirements||Credit Hours 22|
|Requirements Open Electives||Credit Hours 6|
|Requirements Total||Credit Hours 60|
General Education Requirements
A minimum grade of C is required in all General Education coursework. Students are allowed a maximum of one course overlap between the Major and General Education areas.
|ENG 500||The Writing Process||4|
|COMM 542||Interpersonal Communication and Group Dynamics||4|
|COMM 543||Visual Communication||4|
|CRIT 501||Introduction to Critical Inquiry||4|
|Select one of the following:||4|
|Math for Our World|
|Knowledge of Human Behavior & Social Systems||4|
|Knowledge of the Physical & Natural World||4|
|Knowledge of Human Thought & Expression||4|
A minimum grade of C is required in all Major and Concentration coursework.
|Major in General Studies|
|IDIS 502||College Success Seminar||2|
|General Studies Concentration||20|
Open electives are courses students will need to take in addition to their general education and major requirements in order to satisfy the remaining credit totals for their programs. Open electives are defined as any credit course offered by the College not already included in the student's general education, major, concentration or minor. Students will need 60 credits total to graduate with an associate degree.