The minor in Graphic Design enables students to develop and enhance creative and critical thinking in the field of graphic design. Students apply technical skills to transform ideas into a variety of media and utilize visual communication to meet specific needs. The Graphic Design minor complements a variety of disciplines, as it pairs well with professional communication, marketing, and digital media.
Students will have the opportunity to:
1. Visualize appropriate concepts for projects targeted toward a specific purpose and audience.
2. Plan and research successful design solutions that meet established needs and deadlines.
3. Create, present, and clearly communicate the purpose and rationale for completed design projects.
4. Apply learned digital software skill to solve visual design problems.
5. Evaluate and constructively critique projects throughout the design process.